Does The Miele S8380 Cat Canister Vacuum Offer The Reliable Performance Expected From The Brand?
There are many nice little benefits mentioned in the specification for the Miele S8380 Cat & & Dog Canister Vacuum to attract buyers, such as the talk of a “deluxe comfort grip” and a 33ft cleaning radius, but it is the lure of the brand that really grabs people, especially those that have had long-lasting Miele vacuums in the past.
Some buyers have even said that they would not consider going with another brand because of this expected quality so has the Miele S8380 lived up to its predecessors.
Some Noted Features of the Miele S8380 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Deluxe Comfort Grip handle
- SEB 228 Electro Plus electrobrush with five-level height adjustment
- Active Air Clean filter with 12-stage AirClean Sealed System®
- 33 foot cleaning radius
- Mini turbo brush, crevice nozzle and upholstery tool
What advantages have buyers written about in their online testimonials for this Miele S8380 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum?
The stand out aspect of this appliance – from both the product specification and the user reviews – is the idea of versatility and adaptability. It seems to offer a great performance on many different surfaces, with the ability to switch from carpet to floor with ease thanks the adjustable height of the head, and it can get into awkward places due to the range of accessories.
The turbo brushes are great for lifting up the hair but it also comes with a crevice nozzle, dusting brush, upholstery tool and parquet twister.
- First, and arguably most importantly, the suction and movements are powerful enough to take a lot of the effort out of cleaning.
- Secondly, it is easy to carry around up and downstairs and even to use on the stairs, making it brilliantly portable.
- Thirdly, it is a quiet vacuum, so much so that it noticeable against other brands and people have held conversations while using it.
- Finally, the presence of the AirClean Sealed System and filter help to eliminate odours and generally make the job more pleasant.
The performance and range of attachments makes the Miele S8380 Cat Canister Vacuum seem like a great option but does it have any flaws?
Unfortunately the user reviews are not entirely positive and there are some design flaws that buyers have noted. One such issue is the size of the bag, as it can fill up pretty fast and needs replacing quite often in homes with more than one pet.
This replacement is a common need but at least buyers note that easy to do so. Another flaw comes from the position of the on/off switch because it makes things a bit awkward, as does the weight according to some.
The designers were careful to place the six-stage suction controls on a foot-switch so why did they not think to put the power button on they handle, where users automatically assumed it would be?
Summary: if the design is a little flawed, is this Miele S8380 Pet Vacuum still recommendable for those tough hoovering tasks?
The controls could be in a better place and the bag could be bigger but most buyers are happy to put up with this because of the amount of hair that is so easily lifted off the carpet and put into those bags and the other features that make the chore more enjoyable.
In the end, there is no reason not to recommend this device to pet owners because even though there are a few questionable choices with the design that buyers would quickly change, they do not have that big an impact on the performance of the Miele vacuum cleaner and final result.